Live Show 109 September 8th 2017
- 09, 08, 2017
- Loren Gray
- live, Live Shows, liveshow, livestream
- Comments Off on Live Show 109 September 8th 2017
“Most hotel apps are DOA and still tons of click-bait headlines exposed”
00:04 – Robert Cole Joins
00:09 – Robert discusses his issues with his recent car rental issues
00:23 AirBnB Lessons in scaling 100X
00:36 Roberts Skift article about Hotel apps and how they need a major overhaul.less that a 1/5 do more than one thing, with only 6% try to do everything. Great stats about updates cycle for the apps and what was ‘left for dead’
00:46 Oracle takes on the Micros integration issues.
00:51 US Hotel demand hits all time high
00:56 How to optimize snippets for voice search.
01:01 The somewhat fluffy article about proper OTA balance to direct channel, more of a clickbait discussion in the article.
01:05 HSMAI discussion and whats happening
How to optimize featured snippets for voice search
1. The Most Egregious Rip-Off I’ve Seen in Recent Years – Thanks, Dollar Rent a Car
I wanted to change my drop-off from DCA to IAD (Same Dates/times – both WAS area airports). If my two-day rental for a Mid-Size SUV was $93.45 total, what was the new price?
2. Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
3. Most Hotel Apps Still Need a Radical Overhaul
4. Oracle Hospitality Stumbled in Micros Integration But Says It Has Recovered
Oracle Hospitality Stumbled in Micros Integration But Says It Has Recovered
5. U.S. Hotel Demand Hits an All-Time High
6. Facebook wants to do something with WhatsApp and businesses
7. Amazon and Microsoft agree their voice assistants will talk (to each other)
Amazon and Microsoft agree their voice assistants will talk (to each other)
8. Kempinski Hotels Build a Fast, Responsive Website Using Insights from Google’s Site Speed Tools
9. Bad UX: How booking.com deceives clients
10. Or, if we want to dive into the OTA-Direct Debate (again)…
1. Ideal distribution plan balances OTAs, direct channels
2. To OTA or Not OTA
3. OTAs become early choice in high OTA-mix markets
4. Why there should be no raging war between hotels and OTAs
Founder / CEO of Hospitality Digital Marketing
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional digital marketing services to the hospitality industry.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Hospitality Marketing The Podcast Show 287 February 5th 2021 February 5, 2021
- This Week in Hospitality Marketing Live Show 287 February 5th 2021 February 5, 2021
- Hospitality Marketing The Podcast Show 286 January 29th 2021 January 29, 2021