Podcast 176 October 6th 2017
- 10, 06, 2017
- Loren Gray
- podcast, podcasts
- Comments Off on Podcast 176 October 6th 2017
“Google earbuds speaks in tongues, how good is AI analytics, and Delta doesn’t want to do free upgrades anymore”
Hello everyone and welcome to Hospitality Digital Marketing the podcast, I am your host Loren gray and this is episode #176, we are airing Friday, October 6th, 2017 where every week we spend around 20 minutes sharing the most interesting tools, news, and techniques being used in digital marketing for the hospitality industry. We also do a quick recap of our weekly Live Video show “This Week in Hospitality Digital Marketing” which also airs every Friday at 11:30 am Eastern US Time. This week is was show 113. SO let’s get started;
Here are the top ten stories:
1. Google’s New Earbuds With Real-Time Translation Have Huge Implications for Travel
Google’s New Earbuds With Real-Time Translation Have Huge Implications for Travel
2. Marriott learns from accelerator as 2017 winners take off
3. Hotelbeds Eyes a Viable Wholesaler Path in the Shadows of Priceline and Expedia
Hotelbeds Eyes a Viable Wholesaler Path in the Shadows of Priceline and Expedia
4. An Analysis of Franchise Fees
5. Advanced analytics in hospitality
6. Delta’s New CEO: Giving Away Upgrades for Loyalty No Longer Makes Sense
Delta’s New CEO: Giving Away Upgrades for Loyalty No Longer Makes Sense
7. Guests Scanned at the Wynn in Glimpse of Las Vegas’s Future
8. MGM creates a new sizzle video (a before & after comparison)
2016 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6tWhUy1uY4
2017 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51yrzw6jWns (2:43) or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=930JwVp3Qu4(1:00)
9. Student Entrepreneur Rob Karp Is Miles Ahead
How Hotels Get Hostile with Guests and How Guests Respond
10. Report: U.S. Lodging Industry Fees and Surcharges Forecast to Increase to New Record in 2017
Report: U.S. Lodging Industry Fees and Surcharges Forecast to Increase to New Record in 2017
11. Man tries to escape hotel bill by crossing a telephone wire over to the next building
While AI is certainly an amazing opportunity for the hospitality industry to leverage more complex data for efficiency and personalization, the industry is still not using the simplest forms of data that are currently available to them. 80%+ of independent hotels who come to us aren’t even tracking the conversion events on their online booking engine because of it being “too difficult” to get cross-domain tracking to work or because their booking engine vendor doesn’t integrate with Google Analytics. Of the folks that do have the data available to them, a lot don’t analyze it to gain insights or make decisions.
We would also like to remind everyone about our content piece called, “Monday’s Marketing Minute”. Inspired by all of the questions we get on the this podcast and on the live show that we either cannot get to or are repeats of topics or inspired from our conversations. We have found that so many industry professionals like yourself have questions that from time to time they don’t either have the resources available to get an answer or don’t trust the source of the possible answer. It’s meant to be helpful and brief. So I hope you check out this past Mondays at www.hospitalitydigitalmarketing.com/minute or bit.ly/hdmminute
Remember — you can find us on Google play / apple iTunes / talkshoe / soundcloud / Stitcher no matter which one you may use, if you like the show please rate us and leave a comment. Also if this is your first time hearing us, you can subscribe to our show on any of those platforms as well. For an archive of all previous podcasts you can go to hospitalitydigitalmarketing.com/podcasts and don’t forget our live video talk show that you can join and participated in every Friday at 11:30 Eastern US time, called “this week in hospitality digital marketing show”. simply go to https://hdmagency.wpengine.com/live/ Thank You for the privilege of your time.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
Founder / CEO of Hospitality Digital Marketing
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional digital marketing services to the hospitality industry.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Hospitality Marketing The Podcast Show 287 February 5th 2021 February 5, 2021
- This Week in Hospitality Marketing Live Show 287 February 5th 2021 February 5, 2021
- Hospitality Marketing The Podcast Show 286 January 29th 2021 January 29, 2021