Live Show 146 May 25th 2018
“Happy GDPR Day!”
00:02 — GDPR overload of late compliance emails
00:10 — Red Lions decision to offer enhanced meeting planner commissions
00:20 — Facial recognition software sales from Amazon to the government
00:41 — voice activation use in hotels, the new frontier of the internet of things and how is it best to use it for privacy and value of use.
00:49 — Why is it such a challenge to responsibly adopt technology in hospitality?
00:56 — what can be said to the youth of hospitality in how leadership and technology work together – integrity, intelligence, and hard work warrant buffet three features to hire — critical thinking, work with clients& team members, and have to good leaders — for success look out the window for failure look in the mirror — easier to mold yourself to other than to have them mold them to you. — learn how to settle
01:05 — Lighthouse brand, the pros and cons of what they are doing
01:27 — SEO article that says that SEO is dead creates more problems and al lack of true understanding of the real value of SEO work.
01:41 — DMO and real issue of what they should be doing to benefit there market
01:50 — Rut Roo — veritas study
TOPICS – LIVE SHOW #146:
1. Internet of Things for hotels – great, until a hacker calls
1. Hackers infect 500,000 consumer routers all over the world with malware
2. Blackstone Agrees to $4.8 Billion LaSalle Hotel Deal
1. Hilton Divestment Vindicates Blackstone’s Patience
3. Tech-driven boutique brand Life House launches with $40M and plans to bypass OTAs
4. The Palms New Ad Campaign Aims for High Art, But Does It Miss the Mark?
The Palms New Ad Campaign Aims for High Art, But Does It Miss the Mark?
5. Marriott unveils partnerships for in-destination experiences platform
6. Google on its progress in travel so far (read: substantial) VIDEO – 25 min
7. How organic search is becoming ineffective for hotels on Google
8. How to survive Google’s new local search world
9. Real-time data streams for hospitality
10. Tech-driven boutique brand Life House launches with $40M and plans to bypass OTAs
11. How GDPR Will Transform Digital Marketing
12. The Purchase Funnel
13. Harvard Commencement + NBA Playoffs = Steep Boston Hotel Rates
14. 2018 Veritas Global Data Privacy Consumer Study
Additional from the show chat
Hospitality Talent Acquisition/Retention Panel – Onyx Futuresource Conference https://www.facebook.com/OnyxFuturesource/videos/814962438704645/
Founder / CEO of Hospitality Digital Marketing
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional digital marketing services to the hospitality industry.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Hospitality Marketing The Podcast Show 287 February 5th 2021 February 5, 2021
- This Week in Hospitality Marketing Live Show 287 February 5th 2021 February 5, 2021
- Hospitality Marketing The Podcast Show 286 January 29th 2021 January 29, 2021