Live Show 111 September 22nd 2017
- 09, 22, 2017
- Loren Gray
- live, Live Shows, liveshow, livestream
- Comments Off on Live Show 111 September 22nd 2017
“London says no to Uber, Hilton snaps at AirBnB, Apple makes it interesting for templated hotel apps”
Live Show 111 Player
00:04 Uber gets booted from London, at least that is the plan
00:22 Is Apple accidentally killing government as a platform? Apple is basically refusing or taking down similar looking aps and the question is since apps are mostly templates does that create an issue for hotels.
00:27 Safaris new update blocks cross platform cookies this makes retargeting challenges
00:32 AirBnB gets into restaurant reservations with its acquisition of Resy its not just about packages but a play into restaurant market space.
00:34 Brand life, and who really benefits longterm in the franchise relationship.
00:41 Tim gives two really good examples of the difference between running a hotel versus being run for hospitality.
00:56 How to effect the reviews you get and how to improve them.
01:32 Webdesign what it should really be.
01:41 Rather than rely on a third party to improve conversion, or wouldn’t it be better to improve your site to convert itself better
01:44 How to market with little to no money, key element is to stay away from the ‘new & shinny’ stuff, go for the block and tackle.
01:47 Load times, can make a dramatic impact on conversions, what is your PMS load time?
01:33 How can a big box generic brand hotel do to become a ‘hospitality’ based business rather than a ‘number generator’.
01:41 three great managers for a limited service hotel — college grad / spouse / semi-retired large hotel gm
01:46 Holly Joins us and discusses the Hilton perspective on AirBnB and why Hilton makes the statement of expectation
01:48 What are really brand standards and who is doing it right and keeping expectations.
01:56 The thoughts to those in Mexico City and the Caribbean Islands
02:08 Show Ends
Is Apple About to Accidentally Kill Government as Platform?
Jennifer Pahlka | Sep 18, 2017
Here are the top ten stories:
1. Why Hilton’s loyalty program wants to take you shopping at Amazon.com
2. You can now book a restaurant reservation on Airbnb
3. Hilton hotels senior executive dismisses Airbnb as a ‘lodging’ company; says Hilton is more about hospitality
4. Hoteliers chase profits by dropping roomservice
5. Avid Hotels Is the Name IHG Gave to Its New Midscale Brand After a 3-Month Wait
Avid Hotels Is the Name IHG Gave to Its New Midscale Brand After a 3-Month Wait
6. 7 Elements of Hotel Brands Built to Endure
7. Hawaii, federal regulators crack down on hidden resort fees
8. Maui considers 29 percent tax hike for some vacation rentals
9. Google Pushes Predictive Pricing and Packaged Travel
10. Google Travel Is Worth $100 Billion — Even More Than Priceline
Google Travel Is Worth $100 Billion — Even More Than Priceline
Tims added these two articles;
Are Hotel Brands Doomed? http://www.timpeter.com/2015/05/26/are-hotel-brands-doomed/
Are hotel franchise fees a growing problem for owners? https://www.tnooz.com/article/hotel-franchise-fees/
* OTA’s vs. Chain Brands: Expedia Comes Out Swinging http://www.timpeter.com/2016/05/24/otas-vs-chain-brands-expedia-comes-swinging/
What Business Is Airbnb In? Hotels? Or Hospitality? http://www.timpeter.com/2016/08/16/business-airbnb-hotels-hospitality/
Founder / CEO of Hospitality Digital Marketing
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional digital marketing services to the hospitality industry.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Hospitality Marketing The Podcast Show 287 February 5th 2021 February 5, 2021
- This Week in Hospitality Marketing Live Show 287 February 5th 2021 February 5, 2021
- Hospitality Marketing The Podcast Show 286 January 29th 2021 January 29, 2021